DATE LISTED 12 June 2021
About the job
At Infravision we innovate and collaborate to unlock grid scale renewable energy by introducing new tools and technologies to the high voltage electricity industry. Infravision is a CASA certified technology company focused on developing uncrewed aircraft systems and deep tech solutions for the energy sector.
Our organisation is facing an exciting future and we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our growing team of engineers and industry experts.
In this position, you will be provided with an opportunity to lead a young and dynamic team in the innovation and development of new commercial products. Core to the role is the development of new technologies associated with uncrewed aircraft systems and technologies.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Are a systems integration expert with experience in the development and application of various programming languages and protocols.
- Design, develop, and enhance embedded systems and control software including associated hardware
- Evaluate customer and operational requirements to define and improve product performance
- Can utilise artificial intelligence and machine learning to enhance products
- Optimise designs with the appropriate analytical and physical assessments
- Enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Ensure integration of design by developing, testing and analysing results to improve products
- Problem-solve and diagnose issues as part of the commercialisation and commissioning phase of product development
- Perform analysis & research to seek product performance opportunities
To be successful in this role, you require:
- A drive to succeed in a challenging and dynamic environment
- An innovative mindset and willingness to work to solve technology challenges in uncrewed aviation, embedded systems, and software development
- The ability to work accurately, unsupervised and prioritise work as required
- A willingness to work in remote product test locations when required
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in PLC, C/C++ and other programming languages
- Knowledge of best practice in embedded systems engineering
- Strong mathematical, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Self-starter with a passion for engineering
- Ability to work in a team or alone in a fast-past technical environment
- Strong prioritisation skills required to balance parallel projects effectively
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- 5+ years embedded systems or software development experience
- Knowledge of remote communications systems
- Knowledge of uncrewed aircraft avionics and systems
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Our engineering team is based in Sydney, NSW, however Infravision is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements.
Infravision is growing fast, and always looking for talented engineers to support our technology initiatives. If working in a fast paced innovative technology company interests you, please send through your resume. We will be in contact!
Apply now via Linkedin