DATE LISTED 02 July 2021
Industrial UAS Flight Operator
(Remote Pilot in Charge – Drone)
About the job
At Infravision we innovate and collaborate to unlock grid scale renewable energy by introducing new tools and technologies to the high voltage electricity industry. As an ISO 9001,14001 ,45001 & CASA certified technology company, we are focused on developing uncrewed aircraft systems and deep tech solutions for the energy sector.
Our organisation is facing an exciting future and we are seeking Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS) Flight Operators to join our growing team of industry experts to support powerline construction projects both in Australia and overseas. These roles will initially be casual with future opportunities to transition to permanent positions.
In this highly demanding position, you will be primarily focused on service delivery; conducting complex remote piloted operations using a diverse range of heavy-lift UAS in industrial environments. When not delivering on projects you will support the Infravision R+D arm of the business, testing, evaluating, and developing products and operational processes.
If you are successful in your application, you will receive mission specific training at our world-class facilities in Western Sydney. We guarantee you have not operated UAS the way that we do!
Industrial UAS Flight Operator (Remote Pilot in Charge)
Your responsibilities include:
- Undertake UAS Flight Operator activities for industrial inspection and construction operations nationally.
- Operate UAS in the industrial environment ensuring safe flight operations and mission success.
- Interpret and convey weather forecasts (METAR and TAF forecasts), airspace/airport information and NOTAMs and be able to communicate with other airspace users.
- Be the face of Infravision in the field and interact with customers on a daily basis.
- Be able to work in remote environments.
- Be able to perform manual tasks such as handling and movement of aircraft and supporting construction equipment.
To be successful in this role you require:
- A drive to succeed within a small team in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- An innovative mindset and willingness to work to solve technology challenges in uncrewed aviation, mechatronics / robotics, and software development.
- The ability to work accurately, unsupervised and prioritise work as required.
- A willingness to work in remote locations when required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A good standard of physical fitness. (Much of our work is done in remote and mountainous locations)
- Procedural focus and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite equivalents.
Essential Qualifications and Skills.
- CASA RePL < 25kg MTOW (Multirotor)
- Construction White Card
- Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid / CPR
- Police Check
- Sydney based
- Experience operating UAS in the +25kg category
- Experience in commercial UAS operations overseas
- IREX (Theory) Qualifications – *Does not need to be current
- Experience in conducting EVLOS / BVLOS Operations
- Experience in UAS powerline inspections and surveying
- Experience in commercial / military UAS operations, or commercial / military aviation experience
- Private or Commercial Pilot Licence (PPL/CPL)
- Knowledge of remote communications systems
- Knowledge of uncrewed aircraft avionics and systems
- Experience in industrial work such as; rigging, mining, ports, energy, oil and gas
- Experience in powerline construction
- Engineering, robotics, avionics, experience
- Embedded systems or software development experience
This role is based in Sydney, NSW, however Infravision is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements. After your training you will have the opportunity to work FIFO on some of the biggest powerline construction projects in Australia.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, submit your resume, LinkedIn profile link, and cover letter to email@example.com
Infravision is growing fast, and always looking for talented full time and casual pilots, technicians and engineers to support our industrial services and aerospace R+D initiatives. Infravision is committed to the Safety of our employees and the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. If working in a fast paced innovative technology company interests you then send through your resume. We will be in contact!
Drone / RPAS / UAV / UAS / Flight Operator / Remote Pilot / Pilot in Charge.
Apply now via Linkedin